Monday, August 13, 2007

Back in the USSR

We took the train overnight to Moscow on Saturday, and spent most of Sunday touring Red Square and downtown Moscow. Red Square was really impressive. At first I was put off by the large open Russian Squares, but once you spend some time in them, they kind of grow on you.

I think they're designed to make you feel small and insignificant, which is what I didn't like at first. But after spending some time, it does make the surroundings that much more impressive. Red Square, and the Square outside the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg were definitely two highlights of the trip.

I got a new camera here in Moscow, and I have a bunch more pictures, but I can't get on-line with my own computer in Andrey's aparment (Lena's cousin).

Tonight we fly to Bishkek, Kyrgysztan. I'll try to post some more pics from there.

Go Tiger!! #13!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see all of your pictures. I hope your flight goes well!

Franklin "Blind Yak" Pierce said...

How's the food ?
How's the music?
How"s the golf?
How much does a Yurt cost?
#13

Tiger was Tiger. Smart win.
Ernie and Woody Austin played great but too late.

Oops restless leg syndrome just kicked in. Gotta go.

My leg won't stop.

F"BY"Pb
F"BY"P