Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pics!


Making this quick as I'm on Lena's B-I-L's computer, but here goes:


Red Square - Moscow


View from a balcony in downtown Bishkek. The mountains are amazing.


Lena and her Mom... Zinaida.


On the hiking trip to the mountains: L to R Lena's nephew Losha, me, Lena's son David, Lena's Step-Dad Anatoly.

Anatoly. Check out the eyebrows. He's a major character.


Brother-in-law Igor. Work in TV here, so we've been trying to talk shop, but it's not going to well, because he doesn't speak any English, and Lena and Gilana, who translate, don't understand the tech stuff. Oh well...





Sister Natasha, Lena, daughter Gilana, niece Stasia

Off to Lake Issy-Kul tomorrow, so may not post again, but I'll try.

Blind Yak: The food is awesome, not much music and zero golf. I'm not even sure there's a golf course in Kyrgyzstan. We've been eating mostly here at Natasha's apt., and they're cooking up great local dishes that I have no idea how to describe, but it's all great.

Oh, and lots of Vodka, hehe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a 20 minute drive from the center of Bishkek, The Maple Leaf Golf and Country Club offers a challenging 3207 yards of golf. This 9-hole golf course has a spectacular view of the Tian Shan mountains and a setting of tranquil beauty and fresh air. Created by a Canadian designer, this is the second golf course in Central Asia. Players can enjoy a challenging course with narrow fairways, lakes, smaller greens and more to give you a true test of your skill. For beginners a driving range and practice putting green areavaialble. The club also offers a Pro Shop and Club House for your relaxation before and after your game.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dexter! Wow!!! I am so impressed by your blog, I mean it's just GREAT. The pictures you took are just AMAZING, i loved them. I am hoping........that maybe....you could make me a CD with the pics of KG that you took whenever you'll have time. I just really loved them, and I'll use them as post cards. Oh and I still haven't shown you the pics i took, well you can see them anytime.
Another thing I wanted to say was that when looking at your blog, the whole time I was just thinking, "Man, he is going to make a lot of people want to visit that Unknown Land of Kyrgyzstan!" :)

Ok well, see you really soon as usual!